Sunday, August 25, 2019

We are Homeowners!


On Friday, August 23, 2019 Dave and I bought a house at 7638 Yosemite Drive, Worthington, OH. Our dream was made possible by my Dad and I am eternally grateful. The gift of an inheritance was above and beyond anything I could have imagined. I just wish he was here so I could thank him. 

I am afraid I was a disappointment to him. I didn’t follow the path he had in mind for me, but in the end he, in not so many words acknowledged that he loved me. 

Now begins the business of packing up our stuff so it can be moved from here to there. Not at all an easy task. I have tomorrow off and then the week of 09/09/2019 to accomplish a Herculean task.   And that without canceling future engagements like DBT or lunch with Faye and Ann. 

We have All My Sons Movers coming on 09/10/2019 to do the bulk of the job but in the meantime we need to empty dressers, get rid of some things we no longer need, i.e., the rototiller, the Schwinn AirDyne and Mom’s electric scooter. One day at a time. The worse thing that could happen as far as moving stuff goes is that the movers will need to do more than was expected and we would have to pay more than the $4200.00 estimate. Hard to believe we have that much stuff in our tiny, little apartment!

The fun begins!?

No comments:

Post a Comment