Monday, August 19, 2019

Are we there yet?

You’d think after 48 years of counseling I’d be the the sanest, most grounded and rational person around!  But I am no where near any of those things. I sometimes, no often, think that I don’t want to get better because people would expect more of me. Or I wouldn’t know how to act. In DBT we are back on Mindfulness again. I resist this with every fiber of my body. And now I think I know why. I don’t want to have to revisit dark and painful things that come up when I center my mind.

Today begins the count down to the closing on our house. This Friday we will become home owners! We will OWN a place of our own!  Today I need to speak with Sheila at Raymond James and I need to verify wiring instructions with Search2Close.

I also need to send Mom’s rent to Chestnut Hill and call them to ask the nurse to have the aids get my Mom up and dressed in the morning so that she can go to meals. Reneta, one of the aids, believes that Mom needs the social interaction and I know she’s right.

DBT check in awaits!  Goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment