Saturday, August 17, 2019

I Didn’t Ask for a Monkey Wrench

As if there isn’t enough stuff that needs to be done, I had to take time to go to the doctor because my blood press was a bit more than a tad too high.

Bekah called and I mentioned that I’d had a headache for 3 days. She immediately asked if I’d checked my blood pressure and of course that never occurred to me. When I hung up I did check it and it was high for me.  That panicked me so I decided to wait an hour and take it again. Yep it was higher, much higher. Anxiety perhaps? I called my doctor and got an appointment for 2:00 in the afternoon with Jamie Mayo.

When the MA took it, it was even higher-188/92. She waited a bit and took it again, this time in my left arm. It was 167 over something. Down a little but still not good. The NP changed my med and told me to watch it. If it stays high I am to call her and she may adjust the dose.

I woke up with a pain in my right side and that along with my headache got my imagination running. I had myself thinking I had a kidney infection, or worse, cancer. A stressed mind is a prescription for disaster!  And for headaches!  Relieved for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment