Saturday, August 31, 2019

I Don’t Feel Old...But I Guess I Am

I had 2 doctors appointments yesterday. One for my feet, the other for my eyes. I guess I could say I was taken care of from top to bottom.

Dr Slomsky took molds of my feet for orthotics. My left ankle is turning in. The orthotics will help keep my ankle in place and correct my flat foot.

The appointment with Dr. Jordan was for my routine eye exam. Usually not a big deal. I’ve been wearing monovision contacts and was generally happy with them. I’d noticed I’d lost some distance vision but no big deal, right?  I left there with another appointment for an extended test for macular degeneration, distance contacts with readers, and the knowledge that I have the beginnings of cataracts. I am happy that the doctor was able to diagnose these issues but it is just more confirmation that I am getting old.

Allison has been at Children’s Hospital since Thursday. She’s had a headache for over a week that wasn’t letting up. She’s been on an IV med to help her get rid of it but the doctor told Carrie that the longer a headache has been around the hard it is to get rid of it. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment